Carne Golf Links in North Mayo on the West Coast of Ireland lies in magnificent unspoiled sand dunes overlooking Blacksod Bay and the wild Atlantic Ocean, near the town of Belmullet. Explore an area that is famed the world over for its’ fantastic golf course and white sandy Atlantic beaches that stretch for miles, its bountiful wildlife, warm welcome and hospitality. Carne Golf Links was the last links course to be designed by the late Eddie Hackett and it is now believed by many who have played it to be his greatest design. An additional 9 holes (The Kilmore 9) opened in 2013, which were designed by Jim Engh Design and McIntosh Golf Design, and complete a stunning 27 holes of the finest Links golf in Ireland.
The experience at Carne is best summarised by the golf writers and players who have walked our fairways. They have described it as a journey back in time to the origins of golf.
"In any string of words I might pen over the rest of my life, I might never write a more true sentence than this: Carne is absolutely brilliant. Front nine, back nine, every hole, every hill, every inch of the place is simply special."
- Tom Coyne (Author of 'A Course Called Ireland')
"For the first time in Top 50 history, two courses share the top ranking. Carne’s rise can be explained by the recent opening of its new Kilmore 9, a spectacular side of golf winding through the Mullet Peninsula’s most breathtaking dunes." - John Garrity, commenting on his 'World’s Top 50 Courses'
“If I was only allowed to play one golf course again it would be Carne. It's this incredibly wild and beautiful setting with these huge sand dunes stretching 150m above sea level.” - Kevin Markham, author of 'Hooked and Driving the Green', Irish Sunday Times 1st June 2014 following his journey around Ireland playing 350 courses
"What a classic, wild and ranging layout, in a most stunning setting.” - Jay Morse, editor of forelinksters.com.
We are currently offering fantastic value on the following memberships:
• *Overseas Annual membership @ €360.00;
• *Overseas Life Membership at €5,000 (€3,000 for over 50s);
• *Life Membership @ €5,000 (admin fee from year 2 applies)
(*terms and conditions apply)
2017 Open Events & Open Competitions
Each year we have a variety of different open competitions and events that take place throughout the year. Our main Open Competitions for 2017 are:
• The inaugural Wild Atlantic Way Ladies Championship : 10th June 2017
• Shell Pro-Am : 17/18th June 2017;
• Atlantic Coast Challenge which combines three of the best courses the North West has to offer (Carne/Enniscrone/County Sligo) : 3/4/5 July 2017;
• Wild Atlantic Way Inter Club Championship : 7th & 8th October 2017
• Friends of Carne, a fundraising open for the course : 20/21/22 October 2017
All competitions can be booked via our website at www.carnegolflinks.com
Carne Golf Links, Mayo, Ireland