Hindley Hall Golf Club was founded in 1905 and the par 69 course is highly regarded in the North West, stretching to 5926 yards and providing a fair but challenging test of golf for players of any handicap. Many holes are tree lined, with the lake coming into play on the first and eleventh holes.
Hindley Hall has a full competitive golfing calendar, which is extremely well supported by our members. This website also features the latest club news, keeping both our members and visitors fully informed.
In 1905 the Club was formed by Wigan Coal & Iron Company as a private Golf Club ‘For senior members of staff and invited guests only.’
Initially a 9 hole course but increased to 18 by 1910.
In the mid 1930’s the Course became the private Golf Club as it is known today.
During WWII the back 7 holes and turned over to agriculture and the top floor is used to house Belgian refugees.
Whilst a thriving golf club the Hall and course was still owned by the Leigh-Pemberton family. By 1983 the head of the family was Sir Robin Leigh-Pemberton, a former chairman of The National Westminster Bank and then Govenor of The Bank of England. Amicable negotiations enabled a change of ownership to the members who still run the club today.
Hindley Hall Golf Club, Hall Lane, Wigan, United Kingdom