A superb 27 hole golf course set out on a classic parkland landscape with challenging water features and unique obstacles with the backdrop of the award winning privately owned 4 star country hotel. An enjoyable challenge for golfers of all ages and abilities, Matfen Hall Golf Club is a regular venue for professional and county amateur events and is rated as one of the finest in Northumberland.
With facilities that are second to none including a purpose built clubhouse, ‘Keepers Lodge’, a well stocked Pro shop, driving range and short game practice areas, you’re sure to enjoy a great round at Matfen Hall.
In a wonderful location, Matfen is close to Hadrians Wall and only thirteen miles from Newcastle International airport and eighteen miles from Newcastle upon Tyne’s City Centre.
- Sympathetically laid out on a classic parkland landscape.
- 3 loops of separate 9 holes make a total of 27 holes and three separate courses incorporating challenging water features and unique obstacles.
- High quality nine hole par three course is ideal for the less experienced player.
- Purpose built clubhouse, “Keepers Lodge” makes an excellent and welcoming ’19th Hole’.
- Variety of day and residential packages available.
- A beautiful location and facilities second to none.
The picturesque and fast flowing River Pont comes into play at several holes including the 14th, one of many strong par fours. The dog-legged 16th is the pick of the par fives, but Matfen’s signature hole is surely the long par three 17th with its narrow green sited teasingly just over the river.
9 Hole par 3 course
Matfen’s high quality nine hole par three course is ideal for the less experienced player. Other golfing facilities on site include a driving range, short game practice area and two practice putting greens.