The Mere Golf Resort & Spa in Knutsford, Cheshire is the perfect destination for business or pleasure, with expansive conference facilities, a Championship golf course and award-winning spa, set in the heart of the Cheshire countryside.
The team are passionate about providing a unique retreat, exceptional service and a luxury experience, at an affordable price.
- Drive your passion on the 18 hole championship golf course and practice your skills on the North West’s only floating driving range. Perfect your technique on our chipping green, putting green and short game practice area. Our Golf Shop also stocks an extensive range of golf apparel and hardware.
- Unlock your passion in one of 81 individually designed guest bedrooms, including 10 suites where you will find contemporary interiors, elegant finishing touches and modern amenities.
- Indulge your passion in the award-winning luxury spa with a selection of luxury beauty treatments, plus a 20 metre indoor pool, hydrotherapy pool and thermal zone. Or try out the state-of-the-art fitness club with over 50 studio classes to choose from.
- Consume your passion in one of 3 restaurants and bars, from the contemporary Browns restaurant to the Club Lounge & Bar which offers panoramic views over The Mere Lake.
- Present your passion by choosing from flexible 6 event suites, the largest catering for up to 700 delegates.
- Unveil your passion and make it a wedding or civil partnership to remember, with a range of bespoke celebration and special occasion packages guaranteed to leave a lasting memory.
The 18 hole, 6,882 -yard, par-71 course at The Mere was created out of 150 acres of Cheshire parkland in 1934. Today, the Championship course holds the reputation as one of the best maintained and highest quality golf courses in the North of England.
Surrounded by mature trees, flowering banks and with stunning views over the Mere Lake, the course offers the charm of the Cheshire countryside, coupled with a range of challenging features to test your precision and driving skills! Water, ravines and thick vegetation have been incorporated into the landscape, demanding care and accuracy whilst navigating the course.
To prepare for the challenges of The Mere's golf course, the resort offers players a unique floating golf ball driving range, two-tier pitching green, putting green and bunker practice area where players can warm up before a round. Expert golf tuition is available, with personal sessions provided by a resident professional golf instructor.
Stop off for a drink and a light bite at the 11th Green Bar, famous throughout Knutsford and Cheshire as the best Halfway House. Enjoy a range of hot snacks, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks to refuel and refresh. Or wind down after your game in the contemporary Club Lounge & Bar, serving drinks, lunch and offering panoramic views over the lake.
To ensure you work your way around the 150 acres with ease, golf buggies are available to hire. There is also a Golf Shop, displaying a selection of golf apparel, accessories and hardware.
Over the years, The Mere has hosted several high profile championship tournaments. Thanks to the high standard of the golf course, and the efficiency of event management from the resort team, they have yet again been selected to host the R&A Open Qualifier for the seventh consecutive year.
Once you drive through the grand arch into the grounds of the hotel, you enter a haven of good company, fine food, relaxation and world class golf.
For updates on life at Mere, read the blog… bit.ly/TheMereBlog
WA16 6LJ, United Kingdom