Founded in 1913 the club has undergone a variety of changes, most notably as a result of motorway construction in 1970s which necessitated a new course layout and in 2006 the conversion to USGA greens then more recently the construction of a new clubhouse following the destruction of the previous building by fire in 2014. The current clubhouse was officially opened by the Ryder Cup golfer Jamie Donaldson in July 2016.
Hole No. 3 - Fairway Bunker on right (adjacent to Telephone Mast Compound) has been removed. GUR
Hole No. 13 - Greenside Bunker on left has been removed and there is now a “run off” requiring a different, more challenging shot.
Greenside Bunker on right has been replaced by two “pot” bunkers.
Hole No.14 - Greenside Bunker on right has been removed and there is now a “run off” requiring a different, more challenging shot.
Woodland Management Programme
A number of trees have been removed due to disease and a risk of danger to players.
The benefits of this work are
- improved flow of air and light to a number of “distressed” areas
- improved conditions for remaining trees
Over the last 2-3 years a significant number of young trees have been planted and the course still has a magnificent range of mature trees/species.
The “Busby Bar” continues to be the hub for golfer, providing an excellent range of food and beverages. On competition days this area is the “heartbeat” of the club.
The Function Suite and Board Room offer superb facilities for Wedding receptions, family parties/celebrations and business Meetings. Our excellent reputation for high quality food and Service enables us to attract business from throughout the region.
Palatine Road, Manchester, Manchester M20 2UE, UK